Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Great Weekend!

This past weekend was our fifth anniversary. We go to the Auto Show every year. This year it didn't start until the day after our anniversary. So on our anniversary we took our kids to see the new Veggie Tales movie. Lots of fun! Then Saturday we went to the Auto Show. We have went alone every year but this year we both thought it would be fun to take T, we took the girls too. I thought it would be a nightmare taking four kids to the Auto Show on the first day that it was open to the public. It turned out to be great, they were very good. They didn't wander and stayed in a good mood being as that we stayed for almost five hours. We stopped a couple times for snacks and that kept everyone happy. Sunday night my girlfriend Karen and her Hubby came over and watched the kids and let us go to a grown up movie. We saw 27 Dresses. We had a great time and a wonderful weekend. I am posting some pictures of the kids at the Auto Show. In every picture T wanted to kiss K. She was cracking up and maybe a tiny bit embarrassed as every passerby thought it was cute.
My Mom is doing okay. She is trying to decide if she wants to take the next round of chemo or pass on it. She is having a lot of trouble breathing, she can't even talk on the phone for a minute or two without asking me to hold on so she can catch her breath. Pray that God will guide her down the right path and that she is able to clearly know His will.
I will try to do better posting next week. Sorry about that I didn't realize it had been so long. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

5 Comments:

At January 26, 2008 at 9:18 PM , Blogger jel said...

Happy Anniversary,
glad ya had a good time, and had some time alone with each other!


and thank you for word about your mom, how is your dad holding up?

huggs to y'all!
blessings

 
At January 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Happy belated anniversary - I'm so glad you got to go out and enjoy yourselves. The kids are so cute!
Thanks for the update on Mom - I check every day to see your updates. We continue to pray, and send all our love.

 
At January 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Sara said...

happy anniversary you brave woman! thanks for the updadte, praying.

 
At January 27, 2008 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Terry said...

Happy Anniversary dear Amber to you and your husband.
I am glad that you had a nice week!!
You mom would be glad too!
Still praying...Love Terry

 
At January 28, 2008 at 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber,
Happy Anniversary and don't apologize for anything...I am blessed that you are keeping us informed about your mom while being a busy mom yourself...

I know you have lots on your heart, but I was wondering if you could tell me how Lisa made out with her surgery....I forgot to save her email addy; and have been praying for her; wondering if you know how she made out...

thanks and God bless you
hugs to your mom and all of you
donna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home