Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Third Grade

Today was the first of of third grade for K! She had a pretty good morning getting ready she got to wear her new Reebok's, they are bright green, blue and pink. She was so excited about them. She changed schools back to Summit from Allen Park. She only went to Allen Park for one year, it was very convenient because we lived across the street. However she did not learn very well there. The schools have a very different teaching style and she did so much better at Summit. I also love the community there. I have such a great peace about her being there. It is very good for our family, it is a free school but I would be willing to pay for the education they offer. When we got to school we waited out side in line and she saw old friends and I saw their parents who have became my friends. Then we went to the class and found her seat. We found her seat and realized we knew almost no one, (one person we would rather not know that we met at church. Very loud in your face type people). She started working on her packet and I kept noticing that the kids on the other side of the room were so much bigger than those on her side. They have two rooms together then they pull a divider when needed, each room has it's own teacher. So finally I went to verify that she was on the right side and sure enough she was sitting on the second grade side. We went and switched with the Kaitlynne in her seat who just so happened to be wearing the exact same outfit, and she was fine. She knew several of the kids and was sitting at a table of all girls, instead of the previous one with very rambunctious boys. I felt better leaving her there. Before we left for school she asked the one question I hadn't prepared to answer...Mommy, where do babies come from? You pray for them and God waits until you are ready and puts one in your belly! Shortly after she announced I can't believe I am in third grade before you know I'll be starting fourth grade. She is growing up so fast!

4 Comments:

At September 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Sara said...

she is not only growing up fast; she is growing up beautifully. glad she had a good day. we like that summit community too!

 
At September 4, 2007 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Boy is she growing up fast! In my mind she's still a baby!
I'm a Summit suporter too!

 
At September 4, 2007 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

My mind too Pat, you just can't beat Summit!

 
At September 5, 2007 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Well if I would have checked your blog I would have gotten an answer to the question I emailed you. So dirregard the email. Ha! Ha!
So glad Kaitlynne's first day went well, yours too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home