Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bedtime Fun!

So last night after we put the kids to bed Chad and I thought we heard T through Bell's monitor, which would be impossible if he were not in her room. Chad went to check and yelled AMBER...I thought of multiple scenarios, all that ended in disaster as I ran to her room. When I got there I found an entire crib full of almost every stuffed animal we have in our house. Add to that a few blanket and pillows. Chad spanked him for being out of bed and I put all the animals back in their containers. I laughed to myself because that child can not keep himself out of trouble. Usually after a spanking he falls right to sleep and that's the end of the night. Not last night, he pulled this routine several times each ending in a spanking. You would have thought he would have learned but no after he nap today I find him in her crib with her and all the animals. Needless to say I am looking forward to preschool starting this fall. My hope is that he will tire his brain and not be able to scheme. I don't think that will actually happen but it sure would be nice!

5 Comments:

At August 14, 2007 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Trish said...

As I've said before, T. reminds me of Ian.
Now that Xavier's getting bigger I think it's just boys! They are busy! busy! busy!
They bring us moments we won't forget.

 
At August 15, 2007 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

What a kid! When he gets his mind set to something you may as well forget it! How's his butt?

 
At August 15, 2007 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Debra said...

Oh Amber and Chad, how funny. I just could not keep from laughing, all the while having memories before me of when Chad(at T's age now)painted Cora with paint I had been painting our bedroom with. We woke up in the morning to discover Cora's(right about Bella's age now)face completely covered, along with paint on her arms, legs, clothing and bed covers. How he had gotten the lid off the paint can is still a mystery to me. That wasn't the only time either. Within in the same year we woke up to discover Cora's face and exposed body parts again painted, this time he used Desitin to accomplish his creative work.
Now I don't think that I actually ever said to Chad to just wait when you have kids, although I probably thought it, sorry I just have to laugh. Seriously though, Chad and Tristin have a very strong creative influence within them that needs to be expressed and channeled in a constuctive way, because it's going to come out anyway. I wish that I had understood this better about Chad when he was young like Tristen is, could have accented on the creativity and used it to help him with learning for the other areas of his life. Just didn't know. Chad I'm so sorry. Love You, Ma

 
At August 15, 2007 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Debra, that is hilarious! Nice to know where Tristin gets these things! How funny!

 
At August 16, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

After I logged off I thought about what may have gone through Tristen's mind. I could see him looking at Bella in the crib and thinking she was in a cage and so lonely. So his solution was to give her company. She didn't look like she minded at all. A creative mind stays busy all the time, I know, for I've been blessed with one. God has to speak His peace to it so I can sleep at night with rest. It's also part of a personality trait for my personality is a detailed one, very sober, serious, always looking for solutions to the problems it sees. When the creative part flows with the personality there is no rest until it can express itself, whether in writing, drawing, playing an instrument, singing, sewing, building, gardening, crafting, rearrranging, also doing something with the resources at hand, etc. The personality trait is called Meloncholy and it often is mixed with part of another personality trait to give it a flavor and a sense of balance. I'm so glad it is because this particular personality trait is also very moody. Think of all the people who gave us the music and paintings, the poetry, the great designs of beauty and you will find that these people had the meloncholy personality trait. Just something to think about and pray about. Love Ma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home