Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Making Progress!!!!!!!!

I went for my ultrasound yesterday morning and much to my surprise found out Hudsyn had flipped on her own!!! Great news! I am so excited, my next appointment was this morning for my 36 week check. However, last night in the shower I was rinsing out my conditioner and slipped and took a little spill. So I had to call my husband home and my Mom over to watch the kids and head in to the hospital for monitoring. UUGGGHHHH.....I hate having to do that. But some good did come from it because when I had the dreaded vag exam I found out I was dilated to 3 and 70% effaced! Hooray! I have been having contractions for the last week or so but nothing real strong, just uncomfortable! I was shocked to find out because I have been induced the last two times and K took her sweet time. When I was talking to my nurse she suggested Castor Oil to help get stronger contractions started. I have the measurements and what to mix it with for the bad taste but I was wondering if some of you had any insight on this method. Anyhow I will keep you up to date our progress and let you know what I decide on the Castor Oil!

8 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Glad to hear about the Hudsyn flip!
Sounds like you are going to have
a FAST delivery, have heard of
using Castor Oil but don't know much about it!

 
At September 14, 2007 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Sara said...

well, now what am i going to do with this giant spatula? i think you should use motor oil. seems like that would be more powerful.

 
At September 14, 2007 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Hurry....Hudsyn! Granny can hardly wait!

 
At September 17, 2007 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Castor Oil - This is an unpleasant way to induce labor contractions. Although this worked for me with my first child, it is an unpleasant way to induce labor. The draw back is you get cramping diarrhea, and if you already have hemorrhoids, naturally this induction method will make them worse.

 
At September 17, 2007 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walking will help labor to progress if you are actually in labor. If not, it can help to ripen your cervix and give you strength for the labor ahead. It helps move the baby down, which puts pressure on the cervix. This pressure will help induce labor contractions.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Margie said...

I googled it... here is one thing it said... I think you should let nature take it's course... diarhea and labor. ick


Women have been using castor oil to help induce labor. In fact, many old school physicians and midwives swear by it. It can provide good results if you are already in early labor. It is believed to work by causing spasms in the intestines, which surround the uterus toward the end of pregnancy. These spasms, in turn, cause the uterus to cramp, which might result in labor. There has been much debate over whether taking castor oil to induce labor will cause the baby to have its first bowel movement in the womb before birth. This pre-birth bowel movement, called meconium, can be dangerous, because if baby inhales some of it it can cause pneumonia in the lungs. Meconium is also a widely-held signal that the baby is in some sort of distress. Most professionals with any experience with castor oil inductions agree that this is untrue. They have found that there is no increased occurrence of meconium in castor oil induced labors over spontaneous labors.

 
At September 20, 2007 at 3:48 PM , Blogger august032012 said...

hey sweetie! praying for you! it was wonderful to see you at church!

 
At September 26, 2007 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Amber~ Just want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Your Mom and Dad are special to us,
Jesus, give Amber,peace and comfort
her.
May this baby be born quickly, thank you for your presence in
their lives!
Love to your family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home