Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This morning I had my third ultrasound. I had the first one because I had placenta previa. Something about the the placenta being under the sac that holds the baby. Today they said it looks good. It is clearing up on its own. I am very glad of that. Apparently at 28 weeks if it hasn't cleared up you go on strict bed rest and if it hasn't cleared up by delivery you have to have a c-section. I am not smart enough to have been even remotely concerned. Like it was never a possibility or something, I don’t know. I avoid things until I have to deal with them. It's a great coping method - I know.
Anyhow this has nothing to do with my post today; my post today is about something much worse. It's about K’s dad never showing up to get her. She stayed home today because she was sick. I called him t
his morning and left a message at 9:30 to let him know to pick her up at home. K is never sick; she never has to stay home from school. She woke up this morning, laid on the couch and didn't move all day. Around 3:00 she said that she wanted to go to his house, I called his Dad to let him know that if he was coming to pick her up she was sick and to pick her up at home. He said her dad was coming to pick her up. He should be at school at 3:30 that is when she gets out. Every other Tuesday he has her overnight. So 3:30 came and went, she kept asking "where's my Dad?" "I'm sure he'll be here soon honey," checking the clock then the window. Finally I called him again and left another message. Then after another 20 minutes went by I called his dad again. He hadn't heard from him. He said he would call him and call me back. Waited a little longer then his Mom calls and says "B just checked his messages and is running a little late at work, he asked me to come and get her." All righty I said, there was nothing else to say there is nothing I can do about it. I am tied by court tape. I am so ticked. He will not return my calls. He hasn't called me back in about a year. If I called and said that there was a life threatening emergency he wouldn't call back. I am sick of him calling his mom to rescue him. I am also sick of her lying line of crap. She is so full of it. Yet I have to remain social for K's sake. Then she comes up to me in front of about twenty people and asks if she can have K for a b-day party. I was under pressure and said yes. Stupid me. I asked K whose baby’s party it is, she has no ideal. Furthermore there is no way he had just checked his messages, what he just didn't show up to get her from school and realized over an hour later that he forgot? I think it's more like he got the messages and choose not to call but knew that I'd be there so it would be fine to disregard the rules of politeness. What to do, what to say if and when I ever get a chance to speak to him again. Any Ideals?

10 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about thanks for calling (His Mom) but if he want to see her than he can call me back so we can discuss how to handle her when she is sick. I am not turning my daughter over to you without discussing issue with him. You are bound by the court to have her go with her Dad not his Mother. What was he going to leave her at school? Good Dad!

 
At March 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

I have to release him to his parents or him. It was clearly stated by the judge that some parents have to work and shouldn't be punished.

 
At March 21, 2007 at 12:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry Am, God takes care of people like Brian....as for now, give me his address and phone number, im gonna help God get started!!

 
At March 21, 2007 at 12:09 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Funny..I would but I don't think prison would suit you. I'll have to withhold that info unless absolutely necessary. Which may be within the next week or so.

 
At March 21, 2007 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Margie said...

Amber - I know i don't know you, but since you've got the ties of sara and i am part of her posse, I'll kick him in the shins for you. And then while he is doubled over in pain, I'll knee him in the face. Will that work for you?

Seriously, I'll be praying. I think that's why God asks us to pray for our enemies, so that it softens our hearts.

 
At March 21, 2007 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Right now beating him sounds easier than praying for him. I have never had any ill feelings toward him, always found it easy to pray for him and his family. But now it's getting harder and harder but you're right and sometimes I need that reminder, quite honestly I haven't prayed for him in this situation. Only that God strike him by a lightning bolt.
Thank you!

 
At March 21, 2007 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Sara said...

margie, myself and the rest of the posse are on the way. you keep praying sweetie. meanwhile i have a rubber room where i can keep him "tied up" for a very long time. and nobody gets messages there.

 
At March 21, 2007 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

I love the rubber room thing, can we get together and arrange that???

 
At March 22, 2007 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 22, 2007 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

I can hardly stand how much it hurts K. She's such a sensitive and sweet little girl. I can't imagine how she feels...probably torn between two families. Not fun! Aid can call me, I have the numbers...just kidding! The judges should consider that he has never paid child support and all of that stuff too...I like the idea Sara has for the rubber room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home