Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Beads

My oldest child Kaitlynne participated in a read at night program at school. The deal was that they would read a gazillion hours in 5 weeks and each week they got a prize. Her prizes all revolve around free food, other than the slip for a free movie rental. We had nothing to do this weekend so Chad and I decided to cash in a few of the slips as a reward to her. So Chad took Katy and Tristin to get her movie and pizza. Obviously they must have snacks which leads to the Sprite bottles. Each of them got a Sprite and candy. The next day I was laying on the couch (in misery) and the kids ran up the stairs laughing and carrying on. They came jumping all around me waving Sprite bottles that had been stripped of their Sprite clothing now dressed in bright sticky foam shapes, animals, purses...well you get the ideal. They were cheering Daddy said we could put beads in these and make them maracas. Great ideal I thought, good creativity Dad. Then that nasty gut feeling came into play. This is when I begin worrying about my darling sweet son Tristin now 3. I should point out here that no one sees him this way except me (and Karen), I am reasonably sure others see him as rambunctious and loud - I see a halo - seriously. Tristin loves beads, they roll and are considered balls. He also loves how perfectly they fit into the 2 small holes in his face referred to as nostrils. He has been to the emergency room twice with these "balls" up his nose. Just a few days ago he announced he put a popcorn ball up his nose, thank God I was able to push that one out. Long story short the Sprite bottles are still on my counter empty...how many times can you take in a child for the same thing before they no longer deem him your child??? I am slightly concerned about this, I mean I really like him. Now I feel guilty Kaitlynne goes to her Dads tomorrow. I am imagining a very noisy morning. I can't let her go without finishing them I will think about it all day. It should be another exciting morning!

4 Comments:

At March 6, 2007 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 6, 2007 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Good job, my darling daughter! I'm so proud of you!

 
At March 6, 2007 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Look, Mom figured out how to comment!! We're so proud of you Arlene!
Great Post Am - keep all those small-ball shaped objects away from Tristin, the ER is getting a little suspicious!

 
At March 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber: Hi. How are you guys. Enjoyed reading your blogs. I have been asking you mom to come to a "health meeting" with me for such a long time. With so much sickness going on in your family I can't help but think someone has to begin taking their health into their own hands. Prayer is wonderful but faith without works is dead. There is a time when God puts the answer right in front of our noses but we are so busy convincing people that we "have faith" that we miss what God is trying to show us through other means. Charissa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home