Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Name Game

Proverbs 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches...
Last night we went out to dinner with my parents and my Aunt and Uncle. We went to the Texas Roadhouse. It was a very enjoyable dinner (except for Tristin puking on the wall and the floor). We really enjoyed ourselves. At some point during the night the topic of conversation turned to our next baby’s name. I threw a few names out there; my Uncle made a joke the name would be L-A-S-T. We all laughed. My Aunt informed me that she thought Chad and I would have six or seven kids. I told her that wasn't funny; she told me she wasn't joking. Most the conversation was about our kids, which I could carry on about endlessly. Went home had a nice relaxing evening. Started a blog and went to bed. Woke up (tired), made maracas, and sent Kaitlynne off to school. Chad and I tag teamed Tristin and Bella to get them dressed. Got ready ourselves. Off we went to my Mom's to drop the kids off. We were on our way to my first ultrasound appointment. I was excited and nervous. I was hoping that nothing was wrong and I was just measuring big. To the best of my calculations I should have been nine weeks and one day. I hadn't thought too much about seeing the baby, just a little worried. Once we got in there and she did her measurements she let us hear the heartbeat. A few minutes later we got to see the baby, which quite honestly looked to us like the head and body were switched around. The case in point - we are definitely having a fourth baby! It is easy to put out of mind, belly is not too big yet, kids running around all day. Today it became real - really real. So then I began wondering boy or girl. I can't wait to find out we have another ultrasound in two weeks. I am quite sure that we still won’t be able to find out; I will only be 11 weeks one day. We have always pretty much known what we would name our kids. This time we are having a really hard time. Nothing seems right.
Here is our running list...
For a boy
Chad's great grandfather’s name was Birg, we have decided on that for a middle name
First names: Owen, Mason, Parker
For a girl
We like Lauren pronounced La Ren for a middle name.
First names Azalea, this was my grandmother’s name. It makes me think of double layer chocolate cake, mud pies in Kentucky, the lake house in Florida, the porch swing, lots of huge meals and lizards - yes lizards.
Addison and Kendall
We also like Hudson for either sex. This was our favorite name, it was the name for three of our other pregnancies all of which we lost. We decided against that for our last baby and instead went with Isabella, it means consecrated to God. We really like Hudosn and it is a big contender. But we want to know what you think, any you really like? Any suggestions? We are open to anything. So be honest and creative.

9 Comments:

At March 7, 2007 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Sara said...

i used to like hudson but now i prefer marshall. marshall fields.

 
At March 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well both you and Chad know what names I like so this is just for everyone else. I like the name "Owen Birg Fultz" to me it just fits. If by chance you do name him Owen Birg that little man has alot to live up to. And for our next little angle I think it needs to be "Azalea Lauren Fultz" for you to feel so much love in that name is unreal, that little girl would be honored to be named after such a great women.(she may not think so at first, but believe me it will kick in befor too long):) Love ya

 
At March 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I disagree with Sara.
I think it should be Macy. The name in full would be;
J.L. Hudson Marshall Field Macy...your last name ~for a boy or girl.
My other choices are for a girl;
Arlene Patricia
a boy;
Barry Harold
now aren't you sorry Sara and I know about your blog?

 
At March 7, 2007 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

You both have such great names! I'm going to have to go with um...none of them, except Cora's.

 
At March 8, 2007 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Sara said...

I liked Mervyn too for a long time, but that's pretty much over now. How about Target?

 
At March 8, 2007 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

i love you sara, you always have such good perspective!

 
At March 8, 2007 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

You guys are all hilarious!

 
At March 9, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have to go with Mason Birg Fultz for a boy and Kendall LaRen Spelled that way (Sorry Chad)! I also like Clair LaRen and Dalton Birg! That is my comment!

Ps. Karen and Scott are also great names! HA

 
At March 11, 2007 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

That is so funny, Cora, Chads sisters youngest son in named Dalton!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home