Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby News

I have been a crummy blogger lately. I have barely even checked other peoples blogs. I have been busy preparing for the baby, doing school and working through some insane contractions. I went to the Doctors a week ago Monday I was 5 days away from being 34 weeks. When she examined me she felt his head at about the lowest position it could be and begged me not to go into labor until at least 34 weeks. At 34 weeks they no longer stop your labor. She said I would have to go through very unpleasant procedures if I went into labor before then. Despite frequent and painful contractions I made it through. I went in this past Monday and I am still not dilated but my cervix is soft. He said if I can make it to 36 weeks they will welcome me with open arms. The baby should be well enough that there is a good chance he could come home with us at that point. He was a little upset I hadn't went to L&D triage during the contractions. He kept telling us that every woman who has ever delivered in her bathroom with 20 EMS guys watching said the same thing I kept saying, "it can't be real labor". I will insert here that I am obviously right because I am still pregnant. I did get the point though. I may be a little less reluctant to go next time I start having strong, regular contractions. In other news, we have decided to change the baby's name to Greysen Johnny. Greysen is my favorite boys name and Johnny is after Chad's dad. He has already been given the nickname baby Grey. Anyhow I will try to do better keeping you posted!

5 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Missed you! Praying for you and Greyson...how can you rest with so much going on? Please keep us posted.
Lots of love!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Oops! I spelled his name wrong...sorry!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

My wonderful husband has been helping me around the house and with the kids. That has been so helpful! We actually came really close to spelling his name that way!

 
At January 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Sara said...

thinking of you every day! love you guys, make sure that wonderful husband posts for you when the big day comes!

 
At January 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Margie said...

I kept wondering! I am glad everything is still good! Rest up, you are going to be one busy momma when that beautiful baby boy joins us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home