Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Back

It's been a month and a half since I last blogged. It has been the craziest time in our life. We bought a new van, which took a long time to find so I was without a car for a week two. That was interesting, try finding a car when you can't go out and look! We were blessed to have friends let us borrow their car while we searched. We bought one we love!!! It looks like a church van! Perfect for a family with lots of kids and tons of space in the back for storage. We got a crazy good deal on it. I couldn't be happier with it. Then we moved. That's right, again. I intend on never moving again. Seriously. We took over my parents house. My Dad moved out when he got remarried. It is nice to be here. It feels like home (obviously).
We enjoyed Thanksgiving here. It felt weird without my Mom here but comforting at the same time. We made our first Thanksgiving dinner and enjoyed the day alone with the kids. We have always tried to divide the day between both our families which is nice but not easy. I felt like we were rushing around and yelling at the kids and scarfing down food only to run to the next place. We had a very relaxed day this year, we even got a nap while we were waiting on the turkey to cook! After dinner Chad and the kids wrestled on the floor and then we watched the Santa Clause. We are blessed!

5 Comments:

At December 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Margie said...

WOW! you have been busy!!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Welcome back...the kids look happy in their new home!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Sara said...

i thought that place looked familiar! you got a new old house too!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Pat said...

You really are back! Good for you, and I bet your Dad is happy to have you there too. It's all good!

 
At December 13, 2008 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Louise said...

Welcome back Amber...you were missed. I come from a large family and the older kids do take care of the younger ... Trish can vouch for that too. You're doing great and you have a beautiful family. Bless you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home