Friday, October 24, 2008

Grocery Day

So it's grocery day again. It comes every other Friday. I usually make a list around Wednesday of every dinner I am going to make then add things for two weeks worth of lunch a few bags of malt o meal cereal and lots of eggs. I add my paper products and cleaning products plus any hygiene products and then spend the next day or two adding anything I forgot. So I got this great plan, what if I make a master grocery list...hmmmm. So I started Wednesday. I made a giant spreadsheet with two columns, one for my item and one for the amount of that item that I need. I put any and everything I buy on a regular basis on the list. I left one page for things that I need to buy weekly that I don't buy normally, like things to try out a new recipe. I hope this helps cut down time on my grocery planning because it takes a few hours to get plan meals for two weeks and get everything I need without having to go back to the store 100 times. I am going to try Aldi today, I hear their prices are much cheaper than my regular Wal-Mart then Kroger, then Sam's Club and the Meat Market. I'm sure I will still have to go all over the place but hopefully I will save some money doing it today!

5 Comments:

At October 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Margie said...

Aldi's is great, bring your own bags so you don't have that cost...

The one in Wyandotte is good but their meat isn't that great, however, the savealot right down the street has good meat at a good price!

 
At October 24, 2008 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Thanks. I read this before I went and brought my own bags! You're right they are great! I was so happy with what I found.

 
At October 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Sara said...

hmmm. i pretty much confirm that i have coffee and lean cuisines and go from there. perhaps you're on to something...

 
At October 25, 2008 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Margie said...

I know Destiny! she's a sweetie!!

Bring the kids to trunk or treat... what grade is K in? 6th grade and up she can come to the lock in... we'd love to have her but just to warn you... no sleeping occurs at fuel lock ins

 
At October 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home