Monday, October 6, 2008

Last night Chad and I were watching Extreme Home Makeover. The kids were all in bed asleep, or so we thought. Almost and hour after I put them in bed Tristin tip toed down and wanted a drink. He had been laying there so quietly that we thought he was asleep. After he drank his water he noticed Chad was eating ice cream. Chad gave it to him and said he could polish it off. After he ate it we decided he could stay up and watch the rest of the show. He sat on my lap so sweetly and snuggled with me. It made me remember a couple of years ago. After we dropped K off at school we would come home everyday and watch cartoons, eat our breakfast and snuggle. Then we would play until it was nap time. That was our morning routine every single day. I loved it. I was pregnant with Bell and I knew our time alone was short. I cherished those moments so much. Our mornings have changed, we still spend time together but it no longer alone and no longer so carefree. We do school in the morning, he can make his own breakfast, pick out his own clothes and is basically self sufficient. He no longer needs me like he did. Somehow I think he needs me more. Not for basic care but to teach him how to live life. I know that he can learn on his own. What he learns will be what he sees, if not from me then from some one else. I try to remember this as I do basic tasks throughout the day. That these are the qualities he will look for in a wife. Good or bad. It makes me strive to be more patient, to work harder and be more gentle. I don't ever have a perfect day, there are always things at the end of the day I wish I had done differently but God's grace covers that. There is no bond like a mother and her son. I am so thankful for being able to experience that. We will find out in the morning if I will experience that bond with another boy or if I get love on another girl. Our appointment has been bumped up to tomorrow. I can't wait. I will post when we find out!

4 Comments:

At October 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Louise said...

You're a good Mom Amber and a blessing to your children. And indeed, a Mom & Son relationship is special. May the Lord bless you with another healthy, beautiful baby. Your Mom must be smiling from heaven.

 
At October 6, 2008 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Will check in again tomorrow to find out if it's a boy or a girl.
Love you!

 
At October 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I am anxiously waiting to hear too!

 
At October 15, 2008 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Margie said...

what a great post!! congrats on your boy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home