Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School

Pis of K on her first day of fourth grade!
I know I am biased but isn't she cute!
I started home schooling Tristin and Grace last Wednesday. We have been having a ton of fun! The curriculum we chose to go with is called My Fathers World from A to Z. http://mfwbooks.com/ We are doing the kindergarten program. Grace is six weeks younger than Tristin and is 21 days short of making the state cut off for the same grade as T. Which is kind of silly because she knows every bit as much as him after he went to pre school for a year.
We are having fun with it. Here is how our day goes right now- Each morning we turn on kids praise and worship and get out their instruments and sing and dance. We sit at our table and pray for our day and our families then read from the Bible about the day of creation we are working on. We do our first project about that day of creation they get to color cut and glue (from which we have found that Bella loves glue sticks and uses them as lip gloss)! Then we review each of the letters by playing a game where they put a marble on each letter I call out. Then we do letter flash cards. Sing our ABC song 100 times then Old McDonald and a few others with letters in them. Then we do our final project, They are making a creation book about what that day looked like (sun and moon and stars on the fourth day). Our curriculum does a two week intro to creation and then starts the real stuff, the intro is just to kind of break them in to a school day at home and lay a good beginning foundation. I will post pics of us home schooling soon, I have to recharge my camera batteries first.
I have to go take a shower so we can start school. Grace will be here soon!

6 Comments:

At September 9, 2008 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Kfrank said...

I think that she looks beautiful!!!!!

 
At September 9, 2008 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

about time you blogged again Am. I love kait's outfit its fabulous! Sounds like home schooling is alot of fun. I may have to learn my Abc's again :)

ps. im anonymous because i cant remember my google password

pss....this is Aid

 
At September 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

You're funny Aid!

 
At September 10, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Sara said...

of course she is beautiful, and i agree with aid, she looks fabulous. and i may come to school at your house. are there snacks?

 
At September 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

You may most certaintly come :)Snack time is at 11:00!

 
At September 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Margie said...

no wonder you haven't blogged!

Sounds like they are learning a lot and having fun! You are blessed my dear sister! You are blessed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home