Friday, May 2, 2008

Piano Lessons!

K is starting her long awaited piano lessons in June. She got a keyboard for her 7th birthday. She has wanted to take lessons for almost two years but she wont take lessons from a man teacher. In her news letter from school there was an ad for lessons from a girl. So I called the number and left a message. K asked what the teachers name was and I told her. She said that's Miss. M from my class. It turns out that it her para pro (teachers helper). She is about twenty and going to school to be a teacher. We love her! She is such a great helper. Her teacher always says that she will cry when Miss. M gets her degree and goes to teach her own class. When she called back she was so excited that K would be her student! God is so good to take care of the little things. It could have been any female teacher but she got someone great that she already knows and loves. Not to mention she can't play any summer sports because of having mono. She has been pretty bummed because of it. The doctor wants to give her a bit before she plays rough, I guess because of her spleen being enlarged. I am so excited for her.

10 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Kfrank said...

God is good! I am so happy for her! Maybe this is what she needs!

 
At May 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Lets hope so! Ha!

 
At May 2, 2008 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Pat said...

How exciting - maybe she'll be a chip off her ol' grandpa Barry!
Liking your teacher is half the battle....just ask Sara!

 
At May 2, 2008 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Ha! I saw you at Applebees today Pat, I was meeting with a girl to mentor for pastor Jeremy so I didn't want to be rude and excuse myself. You just missed your son in-law and grandson by about five minutes. I didn't get to say hi to them either. Bummer.

 
At May 2, 2008 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Seems like Applebee's the place to be! Sorry I didn't see you, I'd given you a big ol' hug!

 
At May 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Louise said...

Very happy to learn that K is so very happy. Such blessings are certainly God-ordained.

 
At May 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Sara said...

well, she's got the genes for it!

 
At May 3, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amber
I love hearing about you and your kids, keep the stories coming. My grandaughter is interested in taking piano lessons also and we have not been able to find anyone Is this teacher taking anymore students?
Bonnie

 
At May 4, 2008 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Bonnie,
She is taking a few more. If you want to email me I will give you all the info. chamberfultz@yahoo.com!

 
At May 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Liking your teacher is super important, she will sirely be more relaxed.
Kelly did alot of reading after her Mono, it was this time of year and all she could do was watch her sister and friends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home