Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MONO

Kait has had a very sore throat for the last few days. She was at her Dad's so I didn't know. Her school called me on Monday she had a sore throat to the point that she couldn't swallow. I took her into the doctor and they did blood work and discovered that she has mono. I couldn't believe it. Her Doctor said she wont be able to eat for the next couple of weeks so I went and got tons of fruit to juice for her. I went to GNC and picked up some protien powder to put in her juice. This morning I went to my Dad's and got his smoothie maker. I made her a couple of smoothies with protein powder and a few juiced drinks. I am worried about her losing weight. She is eight and when they weighed her at the doctors she only weighs 45 pounds. She has been laying around all day she went outside a little bit and came in and took a four hour nap. I feel so bad for her. Please pray that she gets well soon. Mono is the worst. I pray she can hang in there during school. The doctor said we should keep her home for the rest of the week if need be, but next week we need to try to get her to go for the whole day. The best part for her is that their new beds will be here tomorrow. She is excited to lay in her new bed and read books! I think she will enjoy that. I will post pictures of their new beds and bedding on Friday!

8 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Oh, that's not good news. We will keep her in prayer, keep us posted on how she is doing.
Don't forget the picture of her in her new bed too!

 
At April 10, 2008 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Trish said...

Kelly had Mono when she was in 2nd grade, just make sure she gets LOTS of rest!
She will be tired for a long time,
ask the Dr. about her participating in Gym? Kell couldn't for weeks afterwards. Of course, that was alot of years ago and things change, but as a Grammy I am concerned!
Love you all!

 
At April 10, 2008 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Kell said...

Mono stinks. I can still remember how tired I was. Plus I remember how I hated not being able to participate in gym, I got to sit there and read. As a 2nd grader I hated that, as a 32 year old it sounds like my kind of fun.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Thanks Trish,
You are right, I called the doctor and she can't participate in gym!

 
At April 10, 2008 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

I'm with you Kelly and I could use that as my new diet fad! Just kidding!

 
At April 11, 2008 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Sara said...

that's rotten! i have been praying for k. i bet that new bed will make recovery much more enjoyable. i just may come by and read with her.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

I'm sure she would love that Sara!

 
At April 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM , Blogger august032012 said...

oh oh oh poor little muffin! I am praying right now!!
I hope your doing well and your DAd too! think about you all the time!
Muah!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home