Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Can't Wait!

It is the night before Christmas Eve and I am every bit as excited as I was 20 years ago. This year I am excited to watch my kids open their gifts! I promised myself we wouldn't buy to much that we would get the kids used to being raised in a big family. I wanted their gift from Santa to be a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge to enforce spending time together. I wanted all their presents to be educational tools. I wanted to have a day that we spent together not running from house to house, but to let them enjoy the day in their jammies playing with their toys. Christmas will not be what I had decided it should be. We got a little over excited when we went shopping. We bought a couple educational toys but most are toys. Santa did not bring a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge, we will be doing that anyway. He brought a Nintendo DS for K (who quite possibly would not live to see a single day past Christmas without one), a V-Motion for T and so on. I want to teach my kids not to expect too much on Christmas but it is a hard cycle to break. Although I don't remember it there are stories of a Christmas when I was little I had so many gifts to open I had to take a break. On the positive side it looks like we will not be leaving the house all day on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day! For the first time ever our babies will stay home and play and enjoy the day. We will relax watch movies, eat junk and play with their toys with them. From our family to yours Merry Christmas!!!!

4 Comments:

At December 24, 2008 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Sara said...

merry christmas you guys! p.s. you did always get tons of presents. and also very fancy dresses.

 
At December 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Amber Land said...

Oh my gosh...how could I forget about those dresses. I really grew to hate those things especially when I was about 12 and still wearing them.

 
At December 24, 2008 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Trish said...

Merry Christmas Amber & Family!
Enjoy your day at home!

 
At December 24, 2008 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Yes, your were one frilly little girl...so sweet! Merry Christmas to all of you, and tell your Dad we send our love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home