Friday, February 1, 2008

Mom

Yesterday around noon my Dad called and said they were letting my Mom come home. They gave her a medicine to thin her blood Thursday. They are going to try a new antibody on her. It was so new her nurse had never heard of it. The doctor didn't say anything at discharge about hopsice so my Dad is thinking that maybe as long as he is trying treatments they will not need to use hospice quite yet. After she got out of the hospital she met us for dinner (a rare occasion for our family). I mentioned that we were going to go out and she said maybe we'll come. Sure enough they did. She did pretty well. She was very tired but she ate a whole piece of pizza minus the crust. I don't know if I've mentioned in previous blogs but she hasn't even eaten anything for a few weeks. Then she progressed to a bite or two and now a whole piece of pizza. Continue to keep her in your prayers, they are helping!!! Thank you all for the love you have shown.

8 Comments:

At February 1, 2008 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Trish said...

God is able... I am so glad to hear
that she had the strength to go out and it's great news to hear she
ate a whole piece of pizza!!!
Tom and I continue to pray.
Love you gal!

 
At February 1, 2008 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Amrita said...

Thank you for the news Amber.
so happy Mom could eat.

I think about her so much.

Warm embraces and hugs for her and you.

 
At February 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM , Blogger jel said...

this is great to hear,
thanks !


huggs

 
At February 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Margie said...

thanks for keeping us updated. HUGS TO YOU!

 
At February 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Sara said...

love you guys.

 
At February 1, 2008 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Jim said...

Thank you Amber. I know it is hard to write about your mom but you realize there are so many of out here praying for her and all you guys.
That is good she had a nice appitite.
Thank you again,
..

 
At February 2, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Blogger august032012 said...

i am just able to read your blog today. i am praying and will continue standing in the gap for her and all of you. i will be down for several more weeks and when i am strong enough i will come over to see her. i love you am and so proud of you. you are so strong and such a blessing its unreal. you have so much faith and believes that God can do anything and HE will bless you! you are so strong! give you mom a hug and kiss and tell her i will see her soon. God is her lifeline!

 
At February 10, 2008 at 11:48 AM , Blogger august032012 said...

I have nothing esle to do but blog. hahaha i have been getting so many emails and encouraging words. i have my laptop laying down with me in my new bed called the couch.

The words you just given me made me cry! and how I thank you for sending them my way, but your precious, you were always pure and loved the Lord. I knew your life would made greatness and I knew that you would follow HIM for the rest of your life with a spouse that loved God and music. But the reason why I knew was because God loves YOU so much that He cared enough to choose me to tell you. God is so awesome and sweetie you mean the world to me, always has...and always will.
I love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home