Saturday, May 23, 2009

Outside Work

I have decided I no longer loathe Michigan. I quite like our spring, summer and fall. I have posted little of substance lately because every waking minute the kids want to be outside and Chad and I have a TON of work to do out there. Here is our running list...seriously. Replacing all the landscaping bricks in the front yard. They are all squiggly and buried in the dirt. There must be 50-75 feet of them. Seriously. Unplanting pond plants and transplanting them so my Dad can have them. Taking all the dirt from where the pond was and bringing it to the front beds. I did five wagon loads last night and it looks as if I've barely scratched the surface. Replacing patio pavers where the pond was. But of course we will have to make it level and put down slagstone first. Relocating eating area to side of patio where pond and fire pit were. Searching for a canopy thingy for shade. Why are they so expensive? The only shade we have until early evening is in the shed. :) Tending to the new garden we planted. We have corn, potatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, hot banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, green beans, cucumbers, onions and lettuce. I have to get back to Blocks's to buy some pumpkin seeds. I think the kids will enjoy growing their own pumpkins. I also have a few herbs. Needing to put a fence around the garden. I just want a three foot tall picket one. Pulling up part of the patio pavers to make a playground area. Our patio is about 800 square feet. It worked well for my parents but we just don't need that big of an entertaining area. Mulching around the playscape. Hudsyn fell off right after we moved it (on to the patio bricks, no less) and busted open the area right over her eye. It was so bad that you could see through the skin to the inside of her head. She had to have seven stitches. Which brings me to our next project. Putting the same kind of fence as the garden around the playscape. There were four adults in the backyard when she fell. She is just really fast. I need to be able to keep her off unless I am with her. Scouring Cragislist for a pool. We have always had the metal Intex pools. I would like to get a good used one. Putting lighting in the back yard. Currently there is none. Chad ran electrical now we just need to buy and hang fixtures. Put fencing on side of house. We only need like four feet. Building a 8X12 sandbox with a canopy over it. This has to be done soon because it is going to be for Bell's birthday in about three weeks. She loves sand. Buy and plant flower and plants in the front yard. The beds and planter boxes are empty except for some hostas and rose bushes down the side. We have a large area of beds and five planter boxes around the porch plus hooks for six hanging baskets. Need to buy lots of flowers. Need to spray the house down. It's filthy. We live on a main road so lots of dust. Fix a baby gate to the porch. Again Hudsyn is fast. Stain the porch. It's looking sad. Paint the garage door. Fix the water line on the hot tub. Yes I realize this will take most of the summer to get done. So it's a good thing we have that long! That list wasn't really for you, it was for me. It looks much longer than it sounds. Yikes. Maybe two summers and it will all be done.

3 Comments:

At May 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Sara said...

as soon as the actual work is done, please invite me over. it sounds fabulous!

 
At May 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Trish said...

It's gonna be purty! Glad to hear that you are all enjoying this wonderful weather!!!

 
At May 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Margie said...

wow! that's a lot! but you have time! Enjoy your summer too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home