Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March in Michigan

Last night we declared today a family snow day. We knew the snow was coming. I was sure school would be cancelled. At 4:45 this morning the phone rang. I knew the number it was a phone tree from K's school to let us know it was an official snow day! We took advantage of what we hope will be the last snow of the winter. I made blueberry muffins and hot chocolate for breakfast and then we bundled up the oldest three kids. They played on their swingset, kicked around a soccer ball and made snow angles. I brought Bell in and the other two followed. They had another cup of hot chocolate and went right back out. Chad was making them a sledding slope. They got out their sleds and went down over and over. My Dad came over and saw the hill and informed me that it will still be there in June! The incline on their hill was a bit much causing them to slam into the garage every time they went down. They thought that was hilarious. We had a wonderful snow day and I am thankful for the memories made today! I am posting some pics of them playing in the snow!!!

5 Comments:

At March 6, 2008 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Kfrank said...

How cute!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Blogger august032012 said...

those are the cutest pictures ever. Thinking and praying for you all!
love you tons!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Kell said...

I love Tristin's Children's Place gloves...did he lose his?

Ian is currently sporting my turquoise gloves since he has now lost all 5 of his pair!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Amber Land said...

He has lots quite a few pair this year Kell. That was the second or third pair he had on yesterday. I found one of them in the snow this morning. You gotta love boys!!!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Margie said...

what a fun day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home